Friday, May 30, 2008

T.G.I.S

Thank goodness this week is finally coming to an end!! It has truly been one for the books! It started out okay. Sunday was great...Doxa for church, Moes for lunch with Mom and Michael. Then off to the pool for a sun bath. Life was great! I headed to work (sans Joy and Janna--they're in Brasil this week).

Then, Monday night rolled around. I got to work around 6:30, parking in my favorite parking place, and headed on up. To say it was a rough night would be an understatement. No one stopped moving until about 2:30 in the morning. Just as I was getting everything settled in and charting caught up and everything the way it needs to be, I got a phone call. It was Security. Asking if I have a Dodge Stratus and if I parked on the first level. I answered yes to both questions and that's when things got bad. I was informed that I needed to come downstairs immediately, because it appeared that my car had been brokend into. That, my friends, was the understatement of the year. It wasn't broken into, it was smashed beyond recognition into. All 4 of the windows are damaged, the frames above the windows are bent and the hood jimmied open, the paint job completely ruined, and glass everywhere. Not to mention the finger/palm prints and 3 gigantic rocks lying around my car evidence that my car has not been broken into, but vandalized. Such a personal way of putting it.

OPD came and took pictures and fingerprints and the videos of 3 older adolescent black males who smashed rocks into my beautiful car and then walked back out onto Pine Street. With my gorgeous new summer bag. And in that bag was my debit card and check book. I panicked! The first thing I did was call and cancel everything and start praying everything would be alright.

I spent the day calling the insurance company, OPD, the bank, MRMC security, and anyone else who could possibly help me out. The insurance adjustor, Dirk, and the appraisor, Mike, were absolutely the nicest guys ever, and by 11:00 I was on my way back to the hospital to get my car towed to the body shop.

The next day, Wendesday, I got a phone call from the manager of the apartements where I live. She asked me if I had recently lost my purse. When I said yes, she told me that I needed to call a certain city of Ocala engineer, because one of his guys found my stuff. I called the guy and sure enough, everything had been found in vacant lot behind on IHop. Literally across the street from where it had been taken!! The only things missing-- my Clinique lip gloss and my copy of Million Little Pieces. Who breaks into a car, doing $2500 worth of damage to take a book and lip gloss. The problem is that all of my accounts at the bank had already been shut down.

So, that is where I am now. Driving my mom's beater Explorer that is in desperate need of shocks and no way to get paid because my check is stuck in the elctronic magical neverland. I just thank God that no one is hurt and that He is in control of this...

No comments: