Friday, October 07, 2005

Dreams

Grandpa had a stent placed in his heart yesterday. So mom and I spent the day there. It was weird in an out-of-body-experience sort of way. I witnessed what my patients go through every day. The good thing is that he said that he was breathing easier and his chest felt better.
After that, I went and helped Joy finish moving into her first apartement. It was fun. Helping one of my closest friends set up house and put away her new Pier 1 napkins and mugs that match the gorgeaus dishes that her great-grandmother used. We went to Wal-Mart and bought the boring, mundane things that are necessary, and expensive, and yet terribly good looking to me right now.
I want my own place very badly. And yet somehow, I just can't quite seem to get there. I have dreams of blue Fiesta Wear Dishes that match the rug that also match the bedspread (all of which I've already bought) that I desperately want to go into the apartement that has my name on the lease.
Someday, hopefully by my Birthday, I'll be able to sign a lease on an apartement that has my name on the lease. In the meantime, I'm focusing on the little things-buying towels that match my shower curtain. :-)

No comments: