Sunday, September 11, 2005

Fall

I am exhausted. I haven't had 8 hours of sleep in one time in I don't know how long. I'm working full time, on a busy floor. It was a horrible week. I had one patient die and another that we almost coded. One guy went balistic on us--yelling and cursing and needing to have a psychological evaluation instead of cardiac nurses that want to see him get better. We've banded together like we've hung in there together before. On top of that, I started back to school last week. I'm finishing my Bachelor's degree. I have assignments an papers due this week that I haven't even started on yet. Someone needs to start looking for that large hole in my head...

What is going miraculously well is how my community has banded together in ways that are unprecedented. The Church at the Springs raised over $17,000 last week for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. We also sent 6 semi-trucks to the region full of supplies-water, food, clothing, shoes, etc. Families, other churches, corporations all sent things to the church for us to send to those in need on their behalves. We are also going to assisst over 100 families that have been displaced to come to our home and resettle here. We are going to mentor them and show them the ropes of the area. The Church, the Bride of Christ, is becoming a light, a city on a hill that is shining bright to all of those around us. We are embodying Paul's dream for the church. We are becoming to our community, town, county, state, country what God wanted the church to be.

I am also learning so much. I am learning through one of my favorite people ever, Beth Moore, that faith isn't only moving and going, but occassionally, it is staying still and letting God move your spirit and waiting until I am more ready to be moved physically. God used Rahab to save His servants. She didn't wait until she had her act cleaned up...she followed now in spite of what others thought of her. I want that faith. I want to be that brave and courageous and full of faith. Because God's Word is Alive and Active in me!!

We're going to cook dinner for the boys this week. I'm excited to be able to spend time with them in this kind of a setting. No pressure, no timeframes, just a chance to hang out and get to know each other better. I'm praying and thinking for Christy and the changes that are going on in her life. And for Joy and the house chnage she's about to make, and for Chelle and her move into her apartment(yeah!), and for Brandon and Amanda and their desires to have a child...that God's will would be done for them. I hope that they all have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like life has hit you full throttle - it has a funny way of doing that sometimes...

Be at peace and keep on keeping on. You have a circle of friends and a great family to help carry the burden along the way.