Friday, August 19, 2005

Love and Miracles

I'm doing a Beth Moore study with Joy and Michelle--Believing God. She's trying to teach us about faith and trusting God,and Believing Him--not just IN Him. I'm learning alot. Ron says that we should be transparent, so, I'm going to be.

The main part of my walk that I struggle with the most is not having a "significant other" (S.O. as we referred to it nursing school). When I look at my life, it seems as though that is the only thing that is missing. The boy. However, I finished reading Francine Rivers' book Redeeming Love last week and I learned so much from it. I learned that the kind of love and life that I want does exist out there. That is the kind of love that God ordained for us to have and to strive for--a living example of his love for us. Unconditional; forgiving; never-ending; giving, never taking; pure; unassuming; a kind of love that may take a while to surface. If this is what God has wating on me, I just pray that I have the patience to wait for and to not settle for something less than what is in his plan.

The second is miracles. Being in the health care field it is sometimes hard for me to say that something is a "miracle". I tend to be skeptical about it. But, every once in a while something will pop up that makes me wonder and sets me in awe. Praise God for 2 of His most recent miracles. My friends Jon and Brandi Fugate reported last week that an expected mother's child has been healed from multiple brain cysts that were threatening her life. And Heather Hagood's grandmother has been healed again from breast cancer. To steal the line from Heather--He parted the Red Sea again. Praise Him!!

No comments: