Saturday, August 27, 2005

It's Saturday night and the end of a tumultuous week. It's been challenging.
In a couple of incidences, I've had to decide what was important to me.
I've had to be someone I don't really like.
I've had to be broken and hurt by people I don't really like to be hurt by.
I've had to evalaute why I do things.

I dont' really like these weeks, because I don't really like to change and stretch and grow over things like this. I prefer the growth the requires trying new breeds of coffee at Starbuck's, or a new restaurant in town, or going to a friends house without directions for the first time. But, with the help of the ever wise, and insightful Beth Moore, the woman who has the red-direct line to God-woman, this is the only way my faith and my walk will ever grow into the walk I want it to be. Until then, I won't be the person God wants me to be; thus, I won't be the person I want to be.

I feel like I'm in an awarkward situation--the type where the gym teacher expects you to dance with the boy you have a crush on, and you suddenly develop the world's worst case of sweaty palms. The weird part is, I don't know why I feel this way. Hopefully, I'll figure it all out one day. Joy told me today that she is probably going to Brazil in October on a medical missions trip. I'm excited for her--honestly. I just wish that I could go on something like this. I just don't know how to find out about, get in touch with people who know about such things. I've just been feeling so frustrated and anxious lately.

Pray for me. More importantly, pray for my friend, Judy. She found out on Thursday that she has colon cancer. She's had many health scares this year, and is very discouraged. I love ya'll.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Beth -

I would encourage you to go to the IMB (International Mission Board)website - they have many different mission opportunities; also Harvest International...maybe just search 'mission organizations' on google. You could definitely find something. Maybe get involved with the home mission board...that's a great place to start. I know people @ IMB, and many of my friends from college are journeymen in foreign countries right now - if you need to be pointed in a direction, or need a contact, just let me know!