Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Community

I think I'm in a weird space right now. I just finished talking to a good friend of mine and we talked a lot about community. It seems to be common theme with us. Why is it that we can hang out together, eat at Sonny's or Applebees and talk about things that are fun and be silly. We say that we want to have deep, meaningful relationships. And yet, we run as far away as possible when it comes to committing to those relationships. I'm not just talking about male-female, but having an accountability partner(s). A person or people that keep us accountable to the things we do and say. I ordered a book tonight called Returning to Holiness. It's about becoming humble before God and using prayer and evangelism to become the people that He wants us to be.

1 comment:

Coop said...

excellent bethy. i love ya so much. i'm blessed that God has chosen for us to be friends, sisters and accountability partners. you rock.

chelle